What's going on?

I recently returned from a 7-week holiday which is why there have been no posts. Actually since then I completed the thin Mammen band to go with the wide one in the previous post. I forgot to photograph it before I posted it up to Iarnulfr with the wide one. Unfortunately, on Wednesday Iarnulfr received the envelope I posted them in- still sealed, empty! My bands have either been lost or stolen on their journey. Neither makes a whole lot of sense.

The bands have been reported missing and I will take on another small project while waiting to see of anything comes of that (I doubt it). If they haven't turned up by the time that's done, I will weave the wide one again, incorporating a couple of changes I thought of while weaving it the first time. It's more about the process than the finished result after all.

I'll post a short entry on the narrow band, which I doubt I'll be motivated enough to re-do since it was not as challenging.

I won't be sending bands through regular mail again. Seems obvious when you think that at minimum wage, there was at somewhere around NZD1500 of labour in there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Anglo-Saxon" Belt

Oseberg Loom

Birka 6